Marketplaces for Obamacare, aka The Affordable Health Care Law, is open to nearly everyone. Enroll through March 31, 2014.There are many questions concerning this new law and we are here to answer your questions so you understand if you need to sign up or if your current provider is still your insurer.
Listed below are several topics associated with the new healthcare law which you can access by clicking the "Basics of Obamacare" link below.
- -The marketplaces are open to nearly everyone.
- -Many will qualify for subsidies to make coverage more affordable.
- -Illegal immigrants not allowed.
- -You can enroll until March 31, 2014.
- -You can compare health plans in your area.
- -When you apply for coverage, you find out if you can obtain subsidies.
- -Your income will determine if you can get tax credits.
- -You may qualify for a tax credit to pay your premiums.
- -If your income increases, notify the exchange promptly.
- -Each plan has 10 essential health benefits.
- -You won't have to pay more if you have a medical condition.
- -Marketplace plan prices are likely to be similar to those sold privately.
- -Your insurer can't drop you, unless...
- -Changes in plans are possible.
- -The number of plans to choose from is likely to vary widely.
- -Generally, people will be able to enroll in or change plans once a year during the annual open enrollment period.
Please click the link below to read the Basics of Obamacare from our local media outlet, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette.
Click Here - BASICS OF OBAMACARE
This is only the basics and as we learn more, we will provide all information to assist you in your decision-making concerning Obamacare.